B.A. IN LIBERAL AND INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES
- BLIS Overview
- Archaeology Program (Campus)
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Program (Online)
- International and Global Studies Program (Campus)
The BLS Humanities Concentration is designed to provide students with an opportunity to earn their baccalaureate degree online by gaining a thorough understanding of the humanities, the interconnections among them, and their relevance to individuals and to modern society. The humanities are broadly defined to include those disciplines that study people—their ideas, their history, their literature, their artifacts, and their values. The program will investigate individual people in their solitude, life together in societies, and models of and for reality that constitute cultures.
REACH YOUR GOALS
The program is designed to enhance the student’s ability to:
- Think critically and analytically.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Understand and explain interconnections among the Humanities disciplines.
- Appreciate the wide range of human experience.
- Achieve increased depth of knowledge in one of the four categories of the Humanities: Literature, Fine Arts, Philosophy/Religion/Ethics, Historical Perspectives.
Hear from a student
Veteran Valerie Carter discusses why she decided to pursue a Bachelors Degree in Liberal Studies at UNC Greensboro.
Request More Information
We are available to help:
- Answer your questions
- Discuss your professional and academic goals
- Review program requirements
- Help you navigate the application process
Ketevan Mkheidze, M.A.
BLIS Program Academic Advisor