B.A. IN LIBERAL AND INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES
- BLIS Overview
- Archaeology Program (Campus)
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Program (Online)
- International and Global Studies Program (Campus)
Psychology your way.
The BLIS General Psychology concentration creates an opportunity path for students interested in human services careers, which require psychological knowledge but not necessarily all the specific technical “know-how” of a Psychology BA or BS. The BLIS General Psychology concentration allows these students to tailor psychology class selections to the settings they plan on working in, with a broader research methods class that provides preparation applicable in most workplaces (survey and observational research, rather than laboratory experiments).
The BLIS General Psychology concentration allows students to choose psychology courses that best prepare them for the settings they plan on working in.
A Capstone Experience
This concentration also requires a capstone experience designed to reinforce the knowledge students have gained from an interdisciplinary point of view, preparing them for their careers of interest.
REACH YOUR GOALS
Upon completion of the General Psychology Concentration students will be able to:
- Communicate clearly and effectively in an appropriate professional style.
- Connect learning in the humanities, social sciences, and other fields to their professional lives, emphasizing current research in the field of psychology.
- Think critically and analytically about behavior and mental processes.
- Understand and explain interconnections between psychology and other fields.
Request More Information
BLIS Liason available to help:
- Answer your questions
- Discuss your professional and academic goals
- Review program requirements
- Help you navigate the application process
Joyce Clapp, PhD